Things about the Arizona Coyotes and the NHL that crossed my mind this past week –
Some of my thoughts, some info, and notes from the past week about our Arizona Coyotes and the National Hockey League.
1. The Arizona Coyotes played three games last week going 2-1-0 and now have an overall record of 27-25-6.
2. According to Sports Club Stats: After a tough week the Coyotes odds of making the playoffs sit at 12.5 %.
3. Congrats to Tyler Gaudet on scoring his first NHL goal versus the Dallas Stars on Thursday night.
4. Should Don Maloney trade Mikkel Boedker?
5. I figure the Yotes need at least 5 points on this 5-game road trip to stay relevant in the wildcard race.
6. I don’t want to jinx Kevin Connauton but he’s been one helluva waiver wire pick-up.
7. I’m guessing we’ve seen the last of Anders Lindback (on IR) since he was only on a 1-year deal and especially with the emergence of Louie!
8. Note to Tipp: When trailing by 3 goals there is no need to be playing the 4th line. Play your best players and try getting back into the game. This isn’t like minor hockey where the parents will complain if “little Johnny” didn’t get the same ice-time as the rest of the players. Now if you are playing on back-to-back nights it becomes a different story.
9. Attendance update:
Montreal Canadiens – 14,338
Dallas Stars – 11,853
St. Louis Blues – 15, 839
Better but don’t understand why Dallas isn’t a very good draw here.
10. Mikkel Boedker is minus 27. WOW! AND I don’t give a shit what his Corsi or Fenwick numbers are in this case!
11. OEL is playing the best hockey of his career in the past few weeks. Where would this team be without him?
12. With all the trade rumours out there and the NHL trade deadline only a week away you are going to hear a lot about “no-trade and no-movement clauses, so for an explanation, as well as a list of the NHL players that have them you can get that info here >>> NTC and NMC
13. Arizona Coyotes special teams update:
PP: 12th at 19.4% up from 15th at 18.8% last week.
PK: 28th at 77.8% down from 27th at 77.9% last week.
14. Countdown to the 2016 NHL Trade Deadline: 1 WEEK (Feb. 29)
15. Countdown to the 2016 World Cup: 209 days (Sept. 17-Oct. 1 in Toronto). Preliminary rosters must be posted a week next Wednesday.
Arizona Hockey Talk is looking for Arizona Coyotes, ASU Sun Devils, and local minor hockey writers. If you or somebody you know is interested, please contact us.
LET’S GO YOTES
If you have any thoughts on any of these questions please let me know.
Use the “Comment Section” below.